Sunday, October 16, 2011

coffee beans and burlap




Our house is packed with furniture and lighting (and lots of coffee) for the upcoming Ruffles to Rust show this next weekend.  My kiddos are so great at putting up with the many projects going on in our home. 
This chair pictured above was a throw away.  It was clean but lots of rip and tears in the back of the chair.  I painted the front black...yes...painted the fabric.  I know a lot of people are skeptical about painting fabric but I have never had a problem with it.  You have to have the right fabric and the right paint for it to work without cracking.  I think oil based is the best...of coarse it takes longer to dry.
Thanks to my friend Ron for the coffee bags!  I loved how the chair turned out and will have this beauty for sale at Ruffles to Rust.   

2 comments:

  1. This chair was beautiful. I LOVE LOVE my lamp I bought and I am keeping my eye on this site for more pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dewayne and I were just browsing Fransar Studio blog...and came across this awesome chair! I don't remember seeing this post! I love it! And Dewayne is drooling over it! Gotta find us some coffee bags!! :)

    ReplyDelete